Ape like behaviour of violent thugs is not alpha
It's called free speech, you communist faggot.
A great war leaves the country with three armies - an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves.
( ° ʖ °)
It's a tiered issue.
1. Absolute shit healthcare due to greed and capitalism infecting our insurance market and conservative retards so afraid of helping a nigger they shoot down any useful advancement towards something that makes sense like single-payer
2. Manipulation of our food by corporations to increase bottom line and decrease expenses by jamming everything full of preservatives and empty calories
3. Lobbying by food and agriculture groups that keep the public uninformed about things like sugar intake or just how much fucking corn is in everything you've ever eaten
4. Sedentary lifestyles brought on by living in an extremely developed country where food is abundant and physical activity is considered an extraneous pastime
5. Skewed perspective. There's plenty of fat fucks in literally every country. But because America is easily the most well-known and exposed country on the planet people know a lot more about us than we know about them.
6. A government that long ago realized that the populace is much easier to control when they are sick and fat and distracted, all of which are easily accomplished by tainting both the actual food supply and what we consider to be healthy eating habits.
7. Body positivity movements started by lonely fat bitches and then funded and pushed by food companies and government agencies that attempt to make anyone who is physically fit seem like they are brainwashed by unrealistic beauty standards or are wasting their life achieving a state of physical fitness.
8. A culture that centers around food and the dopamine loops it helps to enable
9. A country that has unrivaled access to the most diverse selection of foods ever seen in human history and the abundance to have the liberty to try them at your leisure.
There's probably more.
It is a privilege, after middle age, to have the opportunity to ride the wave of dissolution, which as we have seen can be long, slow, blissful, and end gently on the beach.
I'll just cut to the chase. I don't recommend this anime. I'll start out with the good things. The art is superb and very atmospheric. It's drawn in a unique style and it might be worth watching an episode or two for just this fact alone. If I were ever to direct an existentialist anime, I would definitely turn to this series for some major inspiration. The opening theme is well chosen and the sound effects are fairly good.
Now for the bad– everything else. Serial Experiments Lain tries to tackle the problem of existence and identity but it completely fails. The parts that are supposed to be creepy are unconvincing and incoherent, and the attempt to create tension instead collapses into unbearably slow pacing in the storyline. Dialogue is much too short and yet drawn out. Entire scenes go by that neither attempt to interest the viewer nor advance the plot. Each episode except maybe the first one could have easily been cut in half without losing any content. The series could've been much better as a result.
The typical theme of weakening of identity as technology advances was handled very clumsily in the series, as if the writers thought that bringing up the issue alone was sufficient to be profound. It's not. The theme is nothing new in modern media.
Some reviews (not here) by mainstream critics claim that the series asks "deep" questions about contemporary life and the nature of reality, but this really is not true. The questions are old and the answers given are nonsensical and shallow. We are presented with several common plot devices in cyberpunk– the near omnipotent digital entity that wants Lain (the protagonist) to abandon the flesh and become one with the cyber world, the use of dissociative identity disorder to symbolize Lain's mental fracture due to virtualization, the embodiment of humanity's collective unconscious made possible due to the new internet, etc. This stuff isn't new, which would be fine if at least SEL executed these things to perfection, but it doesn't. Instead the directors plod slowly onwards and resolve the philosophical dilemmas with absurd, silly conclusions about what Lain really is. It's just like they reduced everything down to magic.
Don't get me wrong, I really wanted to like this series. I enjoy cyberpunk and philosophy and wanted to look for a well done series that incorporated the two. I had heard many good things about this anime, but it just did not meet almost any of the most basic expectations I have for either anime or cyberpunk.
If you are interested in cyberpunk, Ghost in the Shell is very much the superior choice in all aspects, except possibly the art, though it's no sloucher there either. If you are interested in a coming of age story for children in a virtual world, Dennou Coil is better. For those just interested in really crazy, genuinely weird stuff– that still makes actual sense– try Paranoia Agent or Paprika.
That isn't to say you, the reader, might not like Serial Experiments Lain. If you have no prior exposure to cyberpunk or the philosophical issues raised within, or if you have very high tolerance to long scenes in which absolutely nothing advances the plot, or if enjoyment of the artistic merits of a series is sufficient for you, this just might do it. But it's not really enough for me.
This review is 100% correct tbh.
Y'all do realize that it came out in 1998, right?
ur a faget lol
onward my noble steed
(Sorry, DevaintART had stabbed me in the chest because of a disabler when I was reading a great Pokèpasta and reminding me of my argument is hitting me hard. I'm having a hard time.)
Donald Trump is US president and Wikileaks is about to blow the lid on interdenominationaldemensional globalist pedophile vampires.
They wanted to have a good time, but they were like children playing in the street; they could see one after another of them being killed–run over, maimed, destroyed–but they continued to play anyhow.
i was on lainchan and wanted to look up this quote that was below a banner.
I see a massive lack of drive and practical understanding in the non-denominational church presently. It's been pushing me towards the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches in my leisure reading.
Marine Le Pen
I met that guy at a free party. He was chill.
I Trawl the MEGAHERTZ
Simply put, modern society consists of hard workers, people who want to work but aren't allowed to, and parasites who pretend it's the others who are the true parasites. No, I don't feel bad for not volunteering to be a host to them.
It's time to thin the herd. The bees demand it be done.
Dictionary of Americanisms: A Glossary of Words and Phrases Usually Regarded as Peculiar to the United States
cmd = '\0';
The public can report violations of U.S. federal law or suspected terrorism or criminal activity to the FBI online or via telephone or mail.
tree of savior faena
hilarious and original
the money in my bank account, not related to the SCP
I've been trying to get people to join lol
izskatīt dokumentus, pārdomāt dzīvi
>Basically you except even more of a little bitch.
Looks like I've been a dick on 4chan again.
yo bunnies be fast imagine if they did DDR
突撃！ガラスのニーソ姫！ D.watt nu-denpa RMX
Der Mond Das Meer
wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer,version,serialnumber
arc welder vintage lincoln
So now just have to out-eat bugs before they can outbreed us
SONIC IS HARD
Electric eels are also capable of controlling their prey's nervous systems with their electrical abilities; by controlling their victim's nervous system and muscles via electrical pulses, they can keep prey from escaping or force it to move so they can locate its position.
What is not allowed on this board?
* Encouraging others to become NEET.
* Attacking or discouraging others for being NEET.
* Giving or requesting advice on how to enter the NEET lifestyle.
* Encouraging or showcasing drug usage.
* Announcing your planned suicide. Call a hotline or something just don't do it here or it becomes my legal responsibility.
* Helping others to plan or commit suicide.
* Topics not related to the purpose of the board. Such topics will be moved.
* Intentionally breaking these rules or the global rules will still result in a warning or ban.
* Rule 6 is enforced more liberally on /hikki/. Users may be banned from /hikki/ for inflammatory remarks in cases which might not result in a ban on other boards.
I'm girl from russia
my dream is to have a nintendo switch. parents come to america and are struggle to find a job so can't buy it for me because salaries job they have is very small. I dont have a normal job (because I'm delicious kek) and I don't know what to do. I was the happiest if I could get nintendo. help me sweet
PayPal: [link removed](USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
Why did you remove the link! I want to help russian girl get nintendo switch, dumb seisatsu!