Rules and Guidelines
These rules apply to all boards. Violations of these rules may result in warnings/bans or thread/post deletion or other actions at the discretion of the moderation staff.
You Must Not:
- Be under 18 years of age or ask a particular user about their age. Age-related discussions are fine.
- Post or link to content which is illegal in the United States.
- Post guro, gore, or shock porn, unless directly relevant to a discussion, spoilered, and clearly marked.
- Use automated post or image dump scripts in a disruptive manner.
- Start or encourage flame wars, or participate in an inter-board war or raid.
- Destructively attack or provoke other users.
- Impersonate members of the staff.
- Reveal a user's personal information without their consent, aka Doxing.
- Start a topic that is similar to an existing active topic.
- Start a topic that is irrelevant to its board.
- Spam similar text, images, threads, or links.
- Advertise other content or services in a manner that doesn't foster discussion useful to the site. Chats & Communities Ad Thread
- Evade an active ban.
- Intentionally derail a thread (drive it off-topic).
- Discuss moderator actions and policy or argue with moderators outside of /sugg/ (this tends to derail threads).
- Advertise your planned suicide attempt. Just discussing this topic is fine, but only in /hikki/ (preferred) or /ot/ (less preferred).
The /hikki/ board has special rules, read the sticky.
In addition, moderators may act at their discretion to prevent conduct which is destructive to the community. Users are encouraged to discuss and suggest additions or changes to moderation policy in the Suggestions/Help board. This site exists for your benefit, and the staff is committed to provide a friendly and constructive atmosphere for our users.
Posting Guidelines (WIP)
Besides the rules, there are also some things we really wish you wouldn't do. Breaking these guidelines probably won't get you banned, but you might make other users very upset with you. Users who consistently ignore these guidelines may be treated as rule-breakers, however.
Seriously please don't:
- Write in shorthand like you're texting someone. We really prefer that you speak in full sentences here, and proper grammar is a huge plus.
- Use emotes/emojis in your posts almost ever. Most of our userbase finds this annoying.
- Actually put your email in the email field, unless you're trying to share it with someone. On imageboards, this field is traditionally used for other things (like the "sage" flag), and can be left empty.
- Make useless posts or meme spam (shitposts), except in /ot/, sometimes. We expect a certain level of quality here, especially outside of /ot/. It's ok once in a while but often it just ruins threads.
- Get upset at "bad" words or a little rude language, you silly faggot. Speech is free and our userbase has a dark sense of humor. Deal w/it.
- Use slurs (especially racial ones) too frequently or just to be a meanie. Gathering enough slurs in one place is known to summon actual racists, evil wizards, inquisitors, the criminally insane, elder gods, and other unsavory characters we don't want to feel comfortable here. Exercise some restraint. Swearing is like pepper; it can make things spicier, but if you use too much it ruins the flavor.
- Be excessively abrasive or be a dick in general.
- Bring your silly drama from other sites, communities, or Uboachan services onto the boards. Any serious issues with Uboachan services belong in /sugg/, and any dumb bullshit should stay where it started.