HELLO THERE. It's your friendly neighborhood Writer, just here to leave a pile of rules to establish a level of standards for those who want to enjoy the board.
- Division of shit from lit: No flimsy, short, barebones posts that are undeveloped and thoughtless. If you're going to write something, write something. Posting an outline of a story or some ideas and looking for critiques or advice is totally acceptable, though.
- No smut: I had to think about this for some time. Tasteless fap material is not welcome in /lit/. This isn't your personal jerk-off board. Don't write stories that are sex-centric. Sex is a natural human act so it can enhance a story, but sex itself is never by any means a story. Although, if you must, post it in /ot/. If enough people post their smut there, hell, you might get your own smut board.
- Content: What is/isn't allowed? The works posted do not have to be related directly to Yume Nikki, although a majority tends to me. I believe as far as writing/literature goes, most anything can find its way here. Talking about books and literature is encouraged, as well!
- Labeling of NSFW material: Some people don't have strong stomachs or don't like sexual content to your writing. If a post or chapter of a story contains some, please label it as such.
- Level of maturity: Sure, some writers may not have the technical finesse or prowess of people who have been writing for a while. Still, as long as the fledgling writer is trying their best, don't insult others and instead offer advice. Otherwise, posts will be deleted and you may be banned. Repeated offenses will incur increasing penalties.
That's basically it. Read, write, have fun. :D